Sunday, June 25, 2006

What if I Don't Like What's in the Magic Box?

This is just a random, horribly politically incorrect musing, and I couldn't care less. As Jeff Foxworthy famously said, "Getting married to have sex is like flying cross-country to get the free peanuts." I'm also reminded of Robin Williams, who said, "God gave men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to operate one at a time." I wonder how many men, especially back in the 50's, "voluntarily" married a woman just so they could have sex with her and then regretted it intensely afterward. I've heard so many women say that things will be different in the bedroom once they're married, that they'll spend days together in the sack once they get that ring, etc., and it makes me sick. It's a bunch of baloney, because, for the most part, they can't promise any such thing. For instance, what if the man is awful at sex and never gets any better? What if it's physically painful? What if they just plain don't like sex? I could go on for days with thoughts just like this off the top of my head.

Before anyone starts hurling Scripture at me, I know very well what the Bible says about premarital sex. That said, I'm not a virgin and I know there are some women out there who are horrible kissers and even worse in bed. If I'm going to stand up and swear before my friends, family, and God that this is the last person I'll ever have sex with, I want it to be with someone I'll actually enjoy having being naked and having sex with. I think some of the physical compatibility risk can be alleviated by paying attention to how the person moves on the dance floor, how they kiss, and how it is being with them doing things short of sex itself. Maybe I won't demand sex before marriage, but the same idiots who says looks and compatibility don't matter at all are the same liars who claim money doesn't matter at all. Such misguided yahoos are wrong in both cases, and unless I'm satisfied within myself, one way or another, that there's sufficient physical chemistry, attraction, and compatibility between myself and a woman, I will not marry her. Likewise, any woman who owns an ounce of self-respect should take the same stand re: any man she considers marrying. In closing, to quote the immortal Forest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that."