Thursday, June 29, 2006

So You Wanna Come to My Hotel?

I could just as easily put up a headline that says, "Party over here!" because the housekeeping folks could clean up while I was at work and save me the trouble. My roommate and her man closed on their house about 3 weeks ago and finished moving all their stuff in today. The lease we had was until July, but since it was ended a month early, I have to find another place to stay. For anyone who doesn't know this area well, every place around here (just about) is ghetto/Section 8 or should be. Although I am glad they provide me with a job, I don't want to live near my clients. In addition, certain areas of my life are sufficiently unsettled/in flux that I am not sure how good an idea it is to sign a lease that I might not live up to until its completion.

That, and the fact that the only apartment complexes around here that don't require me to wear neutral gang colors and do not come with complimentary gunshot wounds are ridiculously, insanely expensive have led to my decision to stay in an extended-stay hotel. The rates there include utilities and cable and are less than even the rent for an apartment, much less the security deposit, utility hook-ups, etc., so it only makes sense, and I will be moving in on Saturday. So if any of my peeps are in my 'hood in the next month or so, let me know and we will kick it without worrying about the clean-up, lol.