Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Big 2-7

Today is the day that I turn 27, and I have court all day today so no big plans are in the works, at least for today. As I told a friend of mine earlier this week, birthdays are a reminder of the relentless march of time, but they are also useful to reflect back on all that has been accomplished. It sounds odd to say, but I have been an attorney for over two years now. I know this is an accomplishment for someone my age, as several of my clients have asked if I am a paralegal, because they thought I was too young to be an attorney, lol. I also got my first raise at my current job right before my birthday, which is awesome b/c every little bit helps. I have also, in the last year, grown substantially in my faith and made things right with God. He and I don't always agree on everything, and sometimes there is little more than an uneasy peace between us, but I know He is the boss, I trust Him, and the lines of communication are open. That's a big step and I am very proud of it. Finally, I have added some wonderful people to my stable of friends, and I am thankful for them all. There's tons more for me experience in this world, and I can't wait to see where God is taking me. :)