Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Celebrity Who Is Actually Cool...How Refreshing

Over the weekend, I dropped in on a meeting of an organization with which I am involved and had a great time. After a good meal and the end of our meeting, I had occasion to meet someone who, as I would later discover, was a celebrity of some fame and stature in the music business. For reasons of confidentiality, I will not disclose the person's name, but I will say that she turned out to be one of the most gracious, humble, thoughtful, and down-to-earth people I have ever met...and she was very pretty to boot! We talked of common things in our personal backgrounds and swapped professional stories too...as it turns out, we have something in common. Just as people think the practice of law is what they see on "Law and Order", people also think that the music business is all about glamour, money, fame, etc. In reality, the stuff on TV in both fields is but the tip of the iceberg, and it fails to show the ever-present hard work required to succeed and the occasional grind that the business sometimes becomes. It was very refreshing and fun to meet someone who hasn't let fame go to their head...it was a pleasure to meet her, yet another good part of a weekend of big fun and good times. :)