Monday, January 22, 2007

As Much As I Can Be

"As Much As I Can Be"
By Suzanne G. Israel, 2007

Singing from my heart
So I don't fall apart
Still feel a little torn
But I feel also happy and warm
I feel as if my life is going
Moving forward with no regrets
I pray my life will go right
I pray God keep me safe along the way
I hope that I'll be happy
The small part thats still apart
Is why someone let themselves slip away
But I'm starting to find peace with it now
Still think of him now and then
And now... not bothered
Not by him and I
Times gone by with lots to show
I've got my friends and family
Who have always been there for sure
Even when angry words flew
I still loved my sister and
I prayed she always knew
My life is changing
And it's week two of the New Year
I'm working on a goal
To be happy with what I do
To paint a brick will be step one
I want to help others and
have a career I love
So please let me have my talent
To do the right things
To treat others like they deserve
And be a right wing
I thank God for every day I live
I love... I laugh... I cry
And I still ask him when, where and why
I get my answers one day at a time
It's usually staring me stright in the eyes
For me to live and breath
To have a heart that bleeds
I'll forever be as much as I can be