Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Let Child Protective Services Try to Pull That Nonsense Here

I'm with Emperor Misha on this one...I don't even have children of my own yet and this makes my blood boil. So let me get this right...German authorities send in 15 uniformed officers to forcibly remove a child from her home because her parents dared to homeschool her, kept the child away from her parents for an extended period of time, and now are offering to maybe give her back if they voluntarily relinquish custody of their other five children...otherwise, they may just take all six kids out of the home. Child Protective Services here in the U.S. are sometimes overzealous, but they haven't gotten that bad...yet. Let some goons try to take my kids from my home for something so frivolous, and the local coroner is going to be putting in some overtime...just saying is all. Read the whole disgusting story, but don't have any throwable objects handy when you do.