Sunday, May 27, 2007

A Really Great First Date

I really don't "date" all that much, and I certainly don't spend my life actively searching or moping because I happen to be single at a given moment in time. That said, I would like to meet someone special and eventually get married, have children, the whole ball of wax. So when one of my really close friends whose counsel I trust and who's never steered me wrong before said she had someone for me to meet that she thought would be a great match for me, I agreed. She took cell phone pictures of both of us and showed our pictures to one another, and since we passed the looks test for each other, we exchanged phone numbers. Not knowing what to expect, I called this woman for the first time Thursday night, and we spent almost 2 hours on the phone. We followed that up with an hour plus conversation Friday night and our first date Saturday afternoon. She and I went and had dinner, and then we went and walked around the mall. We spent several hours together, talking and enjoying each other's company, and we actually lost track of time and closed down the mall! This woman I met last night has so much going for her, I am beyond excited at the prospect of seeing her again, and I believe the feeling is mutual. I'm not reading too much into anything, but I had a wonderful time with her. It was definitely the best date I've been on in, well, years, and I can't wait to see where it goes. :)