Tuesday, July 24, 2007

How So Much Can Change So Quickly

Two months ago today, I talked on the phone for the first time with the woman who is very likely to become my wife. Two days after that first conversation, we had our first date. The rest, as they say, is history. Two short months ago, this woman was a complete stranger, someone I had never met despite growing up less than an hour from where she lives, attending undergraduate school less than half an hour away, and going to the mall for fun, dinner, and even other dates countless times without ever meeting her. In addition to the working of God's eternally mysterious ways, it took a good friend seeing something in both of us individually that she thought would make us a great match. She was right, and I'll forever be in her debt. Two months ago, the love of my life was unknown to me, and today, I can't imagine my life without her. Althea, I love you, and I can't wait to see what amazing adventures God and life have in store for us.