Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Now Running for the GOP Presidential Nomination, Juan McCain Edwards-Clinton

I can't believe I missed this in the January 5 debate, but earlier tonight in the GOP debate in California, Senator McCain said, and I quote, "I led the largest squadron in the U.S. Navy, not for profit but for patriotism." That's twice now in two debates in the same month that he has thrown around tired class warfare rhetoric that would make John Edwards, Hillary Clinton, or Barack Obama crowds erupt into spontaneous, orgasmic applause. Not only is it increasingly clear which country Senator McCain believes he is running for President to represent (Hint: It is due south of the U.S. and rhymes with Texaco), now it appears we can clearly see the political party from whom he seeks the nomination (Hint #2: Its members include Pelosi, Reid, Clinton, et al. ad nauseam).

Senator McCain, in light of the foregoing, I now dub thee: Juan McCain Edwards-Clinton.