Friday, August 1, 2008

August Resolutions Update and Notice

Well, the great news is that my annual review at my job went even better than expected. In addition to having our bonus structure revamped in a way that is much more favorable to me and rewarding of the efforts of individual attorneys, I did receive an increase in my base pay on top of that. Assuming I bring in the same fees I did last year in the upcoming year, the combined pre-tax salary increase should be in the neighborhood of an additional $17K per year. That will be extremely helpful in terms of defraying wedding expenses and paying down bills in married life afterward.

On another note, it looks like our wedding will be moved from the place we were planning to have it (a chapel in Adams, TN that included everything except for the photographer) to a private residence here in Nashville (which, while closer geographically, means that we will have to come up with catering, a DJ, decorations, and other wedding-related things, and all with about 60 days to go until the wedding). In light of this, I am going to be discontinuing my monthly resolutions (on this blog and in real life) until further notice to make sure I get through the wedding with my sanity. I am just hopeful that my workouts don't suffer too badly so that I am in acceptable shape on the beach and the cruise ship during my honeymoon. Pray for me, and wish me luck...I will need it.