Tuesday, July 1, 2008

July 2008 Resolutions

I am glad to report I kept up my workout schedule throughout the month of June, working out every other day just as I did in May. Two months in and building momentum, just have to keep it up.

I fly out tomorrow to Las Vegas for several days for a vacation/bachelor party. I am extremely excited and look forward to a great time. Just like I have told my friends, I have two resolutions for this trip: 1.) no run-ins with law enforcement; and 2.) don't do anything that could ruin my relationship with Althea and/or our upcoming wedding. Pretty much anything else is fair game, so it should be a blast.

Finally, with all the upheaval at work over the last couple of weeks, it has been somewhat lost in the shuffle that my annual review is upcoming July 23, one year from my actual full-time hire date. Originally, the review was supposed to be April 23, 2008, which would have been one calendar year from my start date. At first, I was upset that it didn't happen then, mostly because I could have used the extra cash from the anticipated raise I am likely to receive. As it turns out, God has a plan even when we don't see it. I think I am probably more valuable to the company now than I was even a few short months ago, which should mean a better outcome at my review. My resolution until then is to work as hard as possible and do everything I can to remind my employer what an asset I am to the company.